Saturday, July 13, 2013

High lighter beam


It's been ages since I last posted an entry to my blog. I've been busy with work. :( So anyway.... I'll be posting a review about The Faceshop high lighter beam!!  



I wanted to buy Benefits High beam but it was so expensive. I heard other bloggers saying face shops high lighter beam is a good dupe for benefits High Beam.. so I wanted to give it a try since im on a tight budget haha XD 

THE FACE SHOP high lighter beam is cheap (wayyyy cheaper than benefits HB)  TFS highlighter beam is worth php495 only!!!! :) but is it good? 


This is what the packaging looks like... The box is sooo pretty and shiny !! :) I absolutly love it... for the container it's similar to benefits HB in a nail polish like container.. :) I think its higyenic and prevents germs from contaminating your makeup. :)


when swatched... it has a pinkish tone to it.... it's thick but easy to blend. For the smell.. it smells sort of like paint with a hint of milk :p but you can hardly smell it once its on your face :) so it's ok... ^_^

This is how it looks like when slightly blended into the skin... it looks more silver now.... 

and when thoroughly blended into the skin it gives a nice glow .... :) 

I love using this to highlight my eyebrow bone and the upper part of my cheeks... I hate using it to highlight the bridge of my nose because it makes me look oily throughout the day... and seems to settle into the pores on my nose .... Im not sure if I'm applying it correctly.. huhu 

all in all.... I am in a love /hate relationship with this product... I think I won't buy this again... but I'll give it another try :) I think I'll use this for cosplay or something since I noticed some beautiful cosplayers using highlighters to make them look slimmer and makes their makeup more dewy :)  examples are some korean Cosplayers Tomia and Miyuko  


You can also mix this with your foundation to have a glowy complection... I prefer using it that way.. ^_^ hehe

VERDICT

Positive
+nice packaging
+hygenic container
+easily blendable
+cheap php495
+no strong scent

Negative 
-settles in pores and fine lines
-makes face look ouly if not applied correctly


SCORE:
3.5/5



4 comments:

  1. Ooo, this is super pretty! The packaging is literally exactly like Benefit's high beam, though ahaha. xD Thanks for the review! C:

    Would you like to follow each other on Blogloving/GFC? Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I agree with you ^_^ They should of been a little more original with their packaging.

      Followed you :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same one when I went to Korea. You must use blending brush aside from the applicator brush from the product itself. Using your finger will put too much force and will make it 'settle in pores and fine lines' like what you have said.

    ReplyDelete